DUNE is a modular collection of outdoor furniture by Austrian industrial designer Rainer Mutsch.
The collection comprises three seating modules (left-facing, centre, and right-facing), and one table module. All four modules are available in standard colours Anthracite and Titanium (modules can also be custom-coloured to any other RAL reference, or physical colour sample, but a surcharge may apply).
DUNE’s organic styling lends itself to informal outdoor seating areas such as patios, terraces and poolside; but DUNE is equally at home as public seating within contemporary interiors such as galleries, foyers and shopping malls.
DUNE is made from a proprietary, patent-protected form of Fibre Reinforced Cement [FRC]. The material is a consolidated blend of cement, limestone, cellulose fibres and polyvinyl polymers, and the resulting composite is durable, weatherproof and yet lightweight. FRC offers a number of features and benefits:
- An exceptional strength-to-weight ratio – DUNE modules are strong, yet easily handled
- Suitable for all environments, from public realm to weight-restricted interiors
- Guaranteed frostproof, and UV stable
- Certified Class A2-s1,d0 fire retardant
- Breathable yet completely watertight
- Can be further drilled and modified on-site with standard tools
DUNE is part of a collection of contemporary outdoor furniture, offering the best of European design in relaxed ergonomic seating. All furniture designs complement IOTA’s Boulevard range of planters in the same FRC material.