Altfield distributes the Alcantara collection of fabrics.
The Alcantara material is made by a sophisticated industrial process, and its construction is a highly guarded secret. It is eco-friendly, being made using a 100% carbon neutral process.
Alcantara's strength is that it is highly versatile. It can be used for wide ranging applications and to cover any shape or surface, while still maintaining high industry standards.
Alcantara's S/S 2015 collection, Acqua, is an exploration into the design possibilities of this product, using numerous decorative techniques - plaiting and knitting, laser-cut motifs, beautiful laminas and prints combined with embroidery - to create articles which interpret the transience of water, drawing inspiration from mythological figures or water related elements. The colour palette ranges from the soft tones of ivory and sand to blues and touches of turquoise.
- Beautiful, elegant and sophisticated
- Texture is soft and comfortable
- Colours available from a very broad palette
- Light, strong and durable
- Water repellent, easily cleaned, and breathable
- Passes IMO 652 and Crib 5 tests
- Thickness: minimum 0.4mm to maximum 1.2mm
- Printing, embossing
- Embroidery, plaiting and knitting
- Electro-welding, laser-cut motifs