|Features and accessories||
The history of Windsor Park began in 1905, when two of Northern Ireland's most popular clubs - Glentoran and Linfield FC - combined. The ground earned its fame in 1930's, yet over the years the stadium size started decreasing significantly needing an upgrade.
In 2012, a £32million plan to upgrade the Windsor Park stadium was put into place. The plan comprised three new stands, with only the 1970's north one being left standing from the current structure. The result was an increase in capacity to over 18,000 seats, offering a state-of-the-art UEFA category 4 stadium.
Ferco FCB-M stadium and sports seats were chosen for the stadium’s general admission area and are installed within all stands.
The seat has a contoured back and an integrated free rotating fold back mechanism. The seat was specified in an array of RAL colours - green, blue and white - representing the football clubs that play for Northern Ireland.
The ARC stadium seating collection was selected for the corporate boxing in the South stand and adjacent quadrants. Products included Arc Max and Arc VIP seats.
The Arc Max seat has a thick padding which provides maximum comfort for the spectators.
Arc VIP luxury sports seats were used for the Directors’ area. The chair has a high back, a wide seat, padded side panels and solid wooden armrests. It can also be customised with seat heaters, cup holders and individual sponsorship.
Windsor Park continued to operate during the complete redevelopment of every stand, ensuring all scheduled football matches could still be played.
The redeveloped stadium was reopened on Saturday 8th October 2016 at Northern Ireland's FIFA World Cup qualifier against San Marino.
The new headquarters for the Irish Football Association are hosted in the East Stand with the South Stand housing international match day, corporate hospitality and conference facilities.