The Cadet chair was initially designed as a cost-effective solution for design-and-build projects. It utilises more standard components than any other chair in CPS's line-up.
The Cadet chair has gained favour with clients looking for a robust, hard-wearing chair at a competitive price. Using curved and shaped ply cores has allowed CPS to make a chair that is comfortable, while moving away from the need to use thick foams.
The resulting chair is trim in its closed dimensions, more modern-looking and aesthetically pleasing. The Cadet C9 maintains all the CPS hallmark principles of counterweight tipping actions, bolted construction and prefinished and foam-wrapped ply cores.
The Cadet range is supplied with a lifetime warranty and is independently tested and certified to FIRA BS EN 12727:2000 Test Level 4, Severe Category Use.
- Seat bases and backs: built on a 10mm preformed plywood with all sharp edges and corners removed, prior to being upholstered with 30mm CMHR foam and covered in a fabric of choice.
- Tipping action by means of a counterweight with pivot mechanism running in nylon bushes for silent, virtually maintenance-free operation.
- Desking: integrated fixed writing desk, typically 300x25mm, manufactured from a choice of hardwood or MDF laminate to suit requirements.
- Floor fixings to suit concrete or timber floor construction.
- Seat modules 500mm, back heights tailored to suit installation-specific rise.
Adapted to provide a more traditional auditorium chair with no armrest where no writing facilities are needed.
Adapted to suit more traditional auditorium style chairs with a shared armrest where there is no need for a writing facility.
A lecture theatre chair with a support off the back of the seat frame for a continuous writing desk.