The Type chair is CPS's top model within the format of a traditional lecture theatre chair providing a high level of comfort, aesthetic and durability.
Traditional craftsman upholstery ensures that not only are the ply cores prefinished pencil round, but these are also padded with felt to ensure that the ply core will never damage or cut through the cover.
A terylene inner liner improves the feel and ensures the upholstery retains its shape by eliminating friction between the fabric colour and the foam core. The double nylon coating on the seat frames is virtually impossible to scratch.
The company's Type C9 chairs are craftsman-built to withstand the rigors of many years of daily educational use. The Type range is supplied with a Lifetime Warranty and is independantly tested and certified to FIRA BS EN 12727:2000 Test Level 4, Severe Category Use.
- Seat bases: built on an 18mm plywood core with all sharp edges removed prior to being protected with felt and upholstered with 90mm CMHR foam, terylened inner liner and covered in a fabric of choice.
- Seat backs: built on a 12mm plywood core, prefinished with all sharp edges and corners removed prior to being upholstered with 38mm CMHR foam and a cover in a fabric of choice.
- Tipping action by means of counterweight, all-bolted construction with seat pivot mechanism running in nylon bushes for silent, virtually maintenance-free operation.
- Desking: integrated fixed writing desk finished in a choice of hardwood or laminated MDF.
- Floor fixing: to suit concrete or timber floor construction.
- Seat modules: tailored to meet specific requirements, typical modules being 500, 530 and 550mm.
Lecture theatre chair with a support off the back of the seat frame for a continuous writing desk.
Adapted to suit more traditional auditorium style chairs with a shared armrest where there is no need for a writing facility.
Adapted to suit more traditional auditorium purposes where there is no need for a writing facility.