This fire bowl / pit is made from 2mm-thick corten steel that naturally weathers to develop a protective rust.
- Strong and durable
- Pre-weathering service available
- No minimum order
- ADBNS1 600 x 140
- ADBNS2 800 x 210
- ADBNS3 1000 x 210
- ADBNS4 1200 x 210
- ADBNS5 1500 330
Corten steel facts
- Corten steel was originally developed for industrial uses such as bridge building and construction as it is incredibly strong.
- It is favoured by garden designers and landscapers for its striking rusty appearance which is formed during the weathering process.
- The weathering process takes approximately 3-9 months.
- The rust acts as a protective barrier, which does not penetrate or compromise the structural integrity of the material.
- During the weathering process the corten steel produces carbon run-off which can cause staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete.
- To prevent staining or damage to surfaces, it is recommended that you do not place a corten steel product on a surface which will stain until the weathering process is complete.
- After the initial weathering period where the reaction can cause this run-off, the corten steel will self-seal with little to no carbon run-off.
- Corten steel is extremely durable and has a very high resistance to atmospheric corrosion, making it ideal for use in fire pits, planters and water features.