Markwik 21+ thermostatic mixers have been developed to meet the challenging and changing needs of hospitals and healthcare environments, with particular focus on the need to fight against infection from the harmful biofilm build-up.
- Simple internals and less plastic components - the mixer is over 85% brass.
- Anti-microbial outlets - Markwik 21+ mixers feature BioGuard, a patent-pending copper lined outlet that helps prevent biofilm attachment and reduces the risk of pseudomonas infection.
- Smaller waterways reduce the amount of water left in the tap and create turbulence which has a scrubbing effect. Smooth bore waterways make it harder for bacteria to stick.
- Sequential operation so the tap is ‘purged’ of any static or cooled water which has built up.
- Built-in thermostat set close to the point of discharge, eliminating dead legs. This is compliant with HTM 04-01 Part A.
- Self-draining spout and a built-in thermal cleanse feature to limit bacterial growth. The thermal cleanse can override the maximum blend temperature using the hot water supply temperature in the system.
- Intelligent cleaning - a self-draining spout and an auto-flush feature ensures that mixers paired with electronic time-flow sensor controls are flushed through with water at least every 24 hours, helping to prevent the formation of bacteria.
- Markwik 21+ mixers can be dismantled for disinfection, with internal components designed to withstand 90°C. Detachable spouts can withstand 135°C for autoclaving.
- Ease of maintenance with full access to fittings from the front, faster water isolation and rapid access to filters, check valves and the thermostat.